This blog post is a bit of a departure from fashion, but I thought it might be fun to write about something a little different today. So lately, I’ve been feeling stuck. Stuck in every aspect of my life. After weeks of feeling stagnant, I knew I had to do something to kickstart everything. You know when your computer is acting up, you reset it? That’s what I did a few days ago: I reset my life.
I had done a juice cleanse a few years ago from Organic Avenue and I absolutely hated it. I was miserable and cranky for three days straight. And, in the end, I didn’t see results nor did I feel better about myself. Honestly, I think I did it for the wrong reasons. I was going to the Hamptons and just wanted to look good. Vain, I know.
Given my past experience with cleansing, I was really hesitant to try it again. But I was tired of running around the hamster wheel and desperately needed a change. So, after doing a ton of research on various brands (and prices), I decided to go with Liquiteria. I’m a fan of their juices and their sales associates were so helpful and friendly, that I couldn’t possibly say no.
And… I’m not lying when I tell you that it was pretty easy. I even worked out every morning while doing the three-day cleanse. (I don’t recommend this… I’m just a masochist when it comes to exercise. If you’re going to work out, stick to low-impact activities that won’t elevate your heart-rate too much.) I think it was much better this time around because I’ve been exercising 6 – 7 times a week and I’ve been eating pretty clean for the past year. The only downside was that NYC hit record-low temperatures so I was really, really cold the entire time.
- I lost 5.6 pounds (I really didn’t care about this aspect, especially since you’ll gain the weight back once you go back to your normal diet).
- I had a lot of energy and wasn’t really hungry during the cleanse.
- The juices were yummy. I looked forward to drinking each one.
- I’m still eating clean. I haven’t gone crazy and eaten everything in sight.
- I am no longer traumatized by cleansing.
- I feel better about myself. Have my circumstances changed? No. Has my attitude changed? Yes.
Have you done a juice cleanse? What are your thoughts on the topic? I’d love to hear about your experiences and opinions. I’m off to eat an oatmeal creme pie. Just kidding…